With the great news of the U.S. dollar currently doing better against the euro, you may want to take that trip you’ve always dreamed of! Desired destinations throughout Europe are now more affordable for Americans. We’ve narrowed down the many wonderful options to a few of our favorites, as one never knows when the dollar-euro ratio will change again! We recommend these destinations for European travel in 2015:
Italy! It’s continually on “best of” lists and for good reason! The stunning natural beauty, art, history, architecture, food, climate and overall aura make it wonderful. We like the following select boutique hotels in popular cities, for their luxury, history, authentic feel , and service:
- Venice – the Ca Sagredo Hotel is ideally located overlooking a canal, within walking distance to Mark’s Square, the Rialto Bridge, and all the other great sites. Most TripAdvisor travelers rate it excellent!
- Florence – Hotel Brunelleschi, formerly a prison, is now a wonderful sanctuary for relaxation after a busy day of exploring the city, seeing Michelangelo’s David, the Duomo and more!
- Positano – The exceptional beauty of the Amalfi coast cannot be overstated! Le Sirenuse is part of the charm of this picturesque oasis. Their Facebook page has helpful tips and plenty of great photos!
France and England make for a great multi-country, diverse experience and are on the bucket list of many Americans.
- London – The Stafford London combines Victorian charm and modern luxuries for a great experience. There’s even a centuries-old wine cellar! Which of London’s many attractions from palaces to museums to towers will you explore?
- Paris – The glamour, the food, the architecture – everything in Paris! The 5-star Hotel Esprit Saint Germain will be your very own magnificent Parisian residence. Of course, the culinary experiences from “cheap eats” to fancy French cuisine and wine mean there’s great meals for everyone.
Turkey is one of our favorite places! It’s more recently become a hot destination, perhaps partially due to it being a stop on many Mediterranean cruise itineraries (such as these from Virtuoso travel consortium, of which we are a member), and subsequent positive word-of-mouth from those who have visited.
- Istanbul – There’s nothing better than a stay at The Four Seasons Istanbul at the Bosphorus when touring this fantastic, one-of-a-kind city that straddles Europe and Asia! Istanbul will enchant you! See beautiful pics of Istanbul sites here!
These recommendations are based on our travel consultants’ extensive experience and insider knowledge of these and many other European destinations. Contact us today at 908-277-2700 with any questions or to start planning!